Saturday, November 12, 2011

New Video

Hey all,

  So I was called out in this poetry group that I participate in, APOEM, and posted the video on my blog as well. Hope you enjoy it.


Hello,
Hi,
Hey Hey
Or in this case Hola.
These are SIMPLE greetings that make up the basis of a relationship
Destined to either prosper
Or be cursed into an abyss of awkwardness, resentment, and annoyance.
Illusions of harmony disguise the real demons, or brujas, who prey on innocence and hope with false impressions
An impression of cheaters, liars, loneliness, confusion, oppression, and anger.
My impression?
Not impressed.
But pressed for time to choose to continue this poisonous connection
Or flee to those who understand me the most.
Most days I try to wash away the unsettling emotions
And clear the vision for the second chance.
Seconds away from saying Hola!
Or maybe bonjour!

No comments:

Post a Comment