Thursday, April 18, 2013

First Date- NaPoMo 12 of 30

I'm not sure if I should speak
But this awkward silence is so loud
It's making my ears ring
Do you go first?
Do I?
Is it the fact that we're shy
That makes my insides feel so weird
Because it's all that I feared
Looking stupid
Like the thought of cupid actually being real
Making this tangible sentiment I feel
Like a cage
As I try to keep my composure
Avoiding overexposure
At this impressionable stage
Maybe your joke wasn't funny
Maybe we weren't as compatible
As we thought we were
Causing this voiceless stir
Making a blur of the moment
Hold it.
I really hope I'm not the only one
Coming undone
By the lack of words
In this conversation
I can't explain my irritation
Or understand my demand
For sound around this situation
Umm...
Yeah...
Yep...
And nervous laughs come after
This lack of banter has paved the way
To only having one more thing to say...
"Let's not do this again, k?"

No comments:

Post a Comment