Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Pep Talk- NaPoMo 23 of 30



"I believe the children are our future
Teach them well and let them lead the way
Show them all the beauty they possess inside..."
I don't know if you've heard this song yet
But it's Whitney Houston
And we like her, right?
How are you doin' little me?
I know I'm taking you away
From your time to play
But what I have to say
It'll just take a minute
You see what's in it for you
Is the stuff I wish I knew
Back in the day
Back to the days
Of jump rope and four square
Wearing my hair like a mess
Caring less
Because Mommy said it's okay.
And I know you'll find your way
In the world
'Cause you're a wonderful girl
Who loves to twirl
With her head full of curls
But I just want you to head
More in the right direction.
Perfection isn't perfect
So realize it's not really worth it
To fight with jerks
Who only want to hurt you
You'll need to learn to dust off the dirt faster
As you'll find the world is so much more fun
When you're smiling
Keep singing
And Swinging
'Cause your laughter is the thing
That will keep you from going crazy
After bad days.
You're always going to look for your spotlight
But sometimes it's not the right time
But I'm really sure you'll find it
A lot brighter than you thought
Circle Circle Dot Dot Now you've got the cootie shot!
Oh my that was silly of me
But that's okay
You're not the delicate Lilly you think you are.
You have to protect your heart
 But that doesn't mean
I have to be closed,
I'm just trying to prevent a few blows
And scars
Once upon a time
Really does become A long long time ago (A last night)
Right under your nose
So know to keep away from the tattle tales
Live the fairy tales
It's better to be a 2nd grade chatter box
Than a 2nd hand dreamer
You know you want to teach
And that want
Will help you reach
Places you don't even know about yet
Get away from the Sega Genesis for a bit
Go give Mommy and Daddy a kiss
For me
From us
Good luck
L8er Gater

No comments:

Post a Comment